Thursday, December 21, 2006

My Backpacker's Diary... Part III

(This was posted on 26th December 2006)

Earlier parts:
My Backpacker's Diary.. Part I
My Backpacker's Diary.. Part II

A screeching halt, a coarse voice announcing that we are halting for food and commotions among the co-passengers brought me back from my reverie. Not feeling hungry because of the heavy breakfast, I was slowly coming to my senses when my eyes suddenly popped up. I saw a cutie-pie standing up two rows behind mine on the other side. My first instinct was to check whether I was still in a trance. I couldn’t believe that I failed in finding her out in the first time itself. I mean, how could I…

Anyway, not wanting to waste more time, I first checked who were accompanying her - a bespectacled boy, a middle-aged uncle and of-course, a middle-aged aunty. They were going to the restaurant out-side and naturally, I followed them. A few glances and a few tricks, and I could start a conversation with the boy with the glasses. A few more niceties later, and a few furtive glances afterwards, I decided to talk to them as soon as we reached the destination. Finally, after almost five hours of bitter sweet journey, we reached PuttaParthi.

After alighting, I started talking to the middle-aged uncle, asking for his help in going about the Darshan. But to my bewilderment, they were not going for Darshan, or so it seemed. They headed straight to a hotel. I could see the cutie-pie exchanging smiles with her brother, well aware that I have failed, failed again.

I was feeling disappointed, ruing all the missed chances that life offered me. They flashed by as life supposedly flashes back before the eyes of a dying man. As Yogi Berra would have said - Its déjà vu all over again. You know it, another chance gone awry… chances, that come few and far in between.

But, Hey! As Yogi would have said – Its aint over till it’s over. You know chances will come. Just be more alert next time around… you never know... As the cliché goes... Buses and girls keep coming. Just be ready for it…

I joined the queue of the devotees waiting to get a glimpse of the BABA. I talked to a few people, from India and abroad. I was impressed at the numbers of followers the BABA has, gathered a lot of information about BABA’s miracles, his charitable works and lots of other things. After a long wait, saw the smiling BABA for whom I had traveled for five hours from Bangalore, and I along with others bowed before Him.

Followed it with a visit to other places of interests such as the Ashram canteen, the numerous educational institutions, the super-specialty hospital, the Gokulam or the cow shed of the Ashram and after shopping for a few souvenirs, it was time for me to board the return bus. Everybody inside was agog with his or her own account of the BABA.

Slowly, the tiredness of the journey gripped them and almost all of them were sleeping. I also thanked God for a fruitful journey, praying for a better life and luck next time around.

We reached Bangalore around mid-night, tired but satisfied… just almost the way one feels after a spontaneous, passionate round of love making.

Spent… yes, but you know it’s well spent...

Wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2006.

Digg!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home